Developing both desktop and web based IT applications, the company aims at providing a wholesome bouquet of IT related functions and configuring each of these applications / softwares as per the requirement of the customer.
Mission & Vision
Customize ERP Solutions
Customized End to End Business Solutions are such personalized applications, developed by Mantissa Infotech, which are used to take over and automate the key functions of any organisation. Colloquially known as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Mantissa Infotech takes the software a step further by including such departments of an organisation as finance, stores and purchases, sales and marketing, human resources, management planning and even production planning and control and bringing about a smooth integration of them all. The software has been proven to be feasible for all sorts of organisations, regardless of whether they are involved in the service industry or the manufacturing of products.
These customized end to end business solutions have garnered great popularity in the recent past because of their ability to simplify the operations of any organisation without entailing any large cost element. This means that there are fewer complications in the work, inferring that there will be better efficiency prevailing in the firm. Moreover, many of the facilitation employees who are there to just make sure that the system is in place could be replaced by the software in a frictionless manner. Therefore, not only does the organisation get to work more efficiently and faster, it also manages to shed a bit of its expense load on the manpower. In other words, the profitability of the organisation is positively affected by the use of the application, which is made available by Mantissa Infotech in both desktop based and web based form.
How does it work? – A demo of the software's applicability in a manufacturing firm
- All organisations in the age of the twenty first century are used to planning. Such planning helps them estimate the revenues that they are going to generate and the expenses that they will need to incur for the same. Therefore, production planning in most organisations is also done in the same manner. A forecast of the future orders is made and all operations and production provisioning is done according to that forecast. Though some organisations also work on order to order basis.
- In either of the cases, the provisioning department generates a total requirement of raw materials. This is done by keeping in mind the raw materials that are already available in the factory and the excess requirement which will have to be sourced from an external party. A customized end to end solution could take over this activity with minimum manual intervention. Firstly, the application could help the manufacturing firm in making future estimates. Moreover, by feeding in the new or the forecasted order data, the firm could also instruct the software to generate a requirement sheet for the various types of raw materials. The software already has information about the quantity of different raw materials which are required for the manufacturing of a product. The inventory details of the raw materials are also available with it.
- The raw materials requirement is forwarded to the purchase department, which in turns raises a purchase order. The purchase order which is raised through the use of this application will have a unique PO number which will differentiate this requirement from any other which might have been sent to the same vendor/s anytime in the past.
- Generally, in response to this purchase order, the vendor delivers the required items. Given that the records are maintained manually, there are chances that there is a delay in delivery. Some variations in the quantity delivered are also experienced frequently by organisations. However, the ERP software makes sure that all such variations and disparities are completely eliminated in the system. The gatekeeper automatically receives a copy of the purchase order on his/her screen and is hence responsible to match the specifics of the PO with the order delivered. It is mandatory for the vendor to mention the purchase order in his/her invoice for the goods delivered to simplify it for the gatekeeper to establish the PO number to which the delivery belongs. The gatekeeper is required to fill in the GRA and the system will not accept any quantity or quality level which is contrary to what is suggested in the PO.
- The goods are finally delivered to the stores department that will perform a quality check on the available products. Once the quality check has been performed, there are three results that could emerge from it. The goods are either completely accepted, completely rejected or accepted with deviations. In either case, the software keeps all information about the same for future reference about the vendor.
- Through the use of this end to end business solution, the supplier’s bill could also be automatically forwarded to the accounts department with the details of the quantity delivered and quality check, if required. Based on the same the accounts department will perform an analysis of the invoice and the payment for the same will be made as per the due date.
- The role of the application does not come to a halt here. It can, at all times, be used to track the stage in which the raw materials are. Therefore, the goods could either be in some stage of the Work in Progress Level or might have been converted to final product. This can be especially helpful to track the progress of work in alignment with the deadline of the same.
The end to end business solution could also be used in the development of various other modules, over and above the manufacturing module suggested above. This could include the following
Also, one also has the opportunity of employing the services of a Financial Accounting Module and / or a Costing Module for one’s business.
Features & Benifits of Customized end to end to business by Mantissa Infotech
- The application helps the manufacturing firms to forecast sales and hence improves the efficiency and productivity of the firms.
- The process becomes streamlined and the chances of disparity, at any stage, are completely eliminated.
- Not every individual is able to view everything in the software. Each department and individual sees only what s/he is supposed to. Therefore, the application maintains privacy and retains sensitive information.
- Mantissa Infotech provides complete customizability of the software. Therefore, the application is designed to suit the need of the client.
- The software integrates the various departments of the organisation. This leads to a smooth transition of activities and tasks from one department to the other.
- It reduces the number of entries and hence redundant data is discarded right at the outset.
- Vendor performance is continuously tracked to make sure that the best performance is being delivered by all of them. Any lag in performance or the goods / service delivered by any vendors is immediately made a note of.
- It reduces considerably the cost of the organisation by eliminating, from the process, those personnel who are redundant or their work could be automated with ease. Therefore, the bottom line of the organisation is positively impacted through the use of this application.
- Both desktop as well as web based application is available for the clients to choose from.
Process Control & Plant Automation
A steep rise in competition in the Indian and global industry has meant that there are fewer avenues of differentiation that one could explore and a major part of one’s differentiation strategy is relying on providing the best prices. On course of doing the same, the margins with the industry players have been shrewdly stifled and hence automation of processes seems to be the best way of coming out of the quandary. By reducing the cost incurred on excess manpower, the advent of plant automation applications can bring about considerable improvement in the profitability of the manufacturing organisations. The ‘Process Control and Plant Automation’ application, developed by Mantissa Infotech, has passed the test of time and has managed to significantly improve the systems of various esteemed organisations in the industry today. Not only have such manufacturing companies gained because of the lightened burden of manpower costs, the accuracy brought about in their products, through the use of this application, helps them now compete not only locally but also on the global platform.
How does it work?
- The development of the process control and plant automation system starts, like all other applications of Mantissa Infotech, with a profound understanding of the requirement of the client. Given that there are various types of manufacturing companies available, it is important that the type of the company, the manufacturing processes used and other important features are understood in advance.
- Once the requirement of the client has been gauged, Mantissa Infotech drafts an initial requirement chart which chalks out the kind of application that is required in the process and the other areas of work, for which external professionals from the respective areas will have to be hired.
- The company then gets along with all the required professionals of different areas of expertise and establishes a plan of operation. This plan of operation is followed meticulously to develop a system which comes up to the expectations of the client.
Features & Benifits of the Application
- The application brings about increased accuracy due to the automation of the process.
- It cuts down on the cost incurred for the procurement and retainership of human resources by allocating most part of the manufacturing work to the automated system.
- It follows precise prescriptions by the manufacturing company to maintain highest standards of quality delivery. In many manufacturing processes, such prescription could be as small as some centimetres or millimetres. The application manages to even follow such requirements.
- The application expedites the manufacturing process. In some cases, the application has even helped companies pack 21 bags per minute. This is significantly faster than what a human being could do.
- It reduces or eliminates human intervention. This means that there are lesser chances of human error.
Commodity Exchange Solution
A commodity exchange has a web of inter connected activities and its success or otherwise is defined by the proficiency with which these activities are attended to and consummated. Neither are these activities confined to the mundane and tedious tasks required for the smooth operations of the commodity exchange nor do the extremely complex tasks of delivery settlement and calendar spread functioning manage to completely define the activities of the exchange. It is the simultaneous and regular completion of both these category of tasks that secures one successful day at the exchange. Such tasks have to be executed day after day to make sure that the commodity exchange is an error free platform. Being error free is not only significant for the image of the exchange and the satisfaction of its members but also the fact that even small errors on this platform could run into lacs and crores of rupees.
Mantissa Infotech, through its expertise in software development and its experience of working with commodity exchanges, offers such software services which could automate a major portion of this activity list, thus, facilitating the smooth conclusion of all these activities. The designing of the softwares and applications is done in a way that they blend effectively with the humans at work and create an effective camaraderie between the two. In fact, such applications and softwares guide humans in the work to be done and its process and also apprise them if there is any issue with the software itself. In short, they provide all that a commodity exchange might desire.
Here is a list of some of the applications and softwares that Mantissa Infotech has developed for commodity exchanges
- Auto Activities Command and Control Centre: There are mundane activities with the exchange which require little or no strategizing and are supposed to be objectively performed day in and day out. There is no questioning the fact that employing humans for such activities is the more conventional way of going about it. However, it entails large costs and the amount of time consumed is extensive too. That is where auto activities command and control centre can be used by these exchanges to schedule the regular tasks of the day and they would be performed promptly by the application without wasting any cost or time for the same.
- Billing Software System: Charges of differing types and proportions are levied by the exchange on its associated members. While there are some non complicated charges like registration fee as also the members’ annual maintenance charges, there are some regular charges too which the member is supposed to pay to the commodity exchange. Such charges include the transactional charges, VSAT bandwidth charges and others. Understanding that there are thousands of members with each exchange and millions of other clients working through the member, the number of transactions are astronomical and so are the accounts for the payment due. Therefore, the billing software system registers all the trades of a member and/or his/her clients and automatically raises a bill for all the transactions at a prescribed time. The same procedure is followed with the other charges too. This is done without any human intervention and thus establishes an atmosphere of error free trading.
- Complaint Log in and Analysis System: The size of operations of a commodity exchange is large and so are the number of tools, gadgets and applications required by it. Thus, there are quite a few vendors who work with the exchange to provide these necessary items. The complaint log in and analysis system is meant to analyze and rate the performance of each of these vendors between a fixed period of time. The system registers all the complaints that were lodged and the response to the same including the turnaround time, comparison of this with the one promised at the time of purchase and others. Through such structure, the commodity exchange is in a good position to know the performance of each of these vendors and decide on the future of their contracts.
- Data Feed Application: The data feed application for the commodity exchanges is meant to fetch, decrypt and parse the order / trade broadcast from the Exchange Trading System and send it as unicast to the associated Data Feed Vendors over the TCP channel. This means that a minute by minute report of the trade activity on the exchange is delivered to these data vendors through the application, who in turn disseminate it further to individuals and / or corporations, either in raw or tabulated and analysed form. The same data is also forwarded by the exchange to some news channels, who display the live prices of each of the listed commodities through their channels.
- IT Asset Management System: In general, a commodity exchange can have many branches with each one of them being equipped with various required IT assets including computers, printers, scanners and others. All these assets might have been bought at different times and their configuration might not be the same either. Therefore, all of them will require servicing during different periods of the year, their date of expiry will be varying and their upgrade status and period might be different too. Hence, some computer’s configuration might have been upgraded while some others might have still been embellished with the same configuration as when they were bought. The IT Asset Management System keeps a stock of all this information to avoid cases of late repair or even manipulation in the available IT assets with the exchange.
- SMS Application: SMS Application has been designed specifically for those participants of the commodity exchange who might require information about listed script/s but find it difficult to be in front of the terminal throughout the course of market trading. There are three sub-systems under the SMS application to facilitate the delivery of the right kind and amount of information. The Interactive SMS System requires the participant to text message the name or code of the commodity for which the price is sought and send it on a prescribed number. In an instant response to the sent message, the participant will receive the price as well as some other details of the requested script. Under the system, the text message could be sent in English as well as Hindi and the software itself accounts for some spelling mistakes to deliver the right content. SMS Alerts system, on the other hand, apprises the participant whenever there is a prescribed variation in the price of a selected commodity. The commodity and the prescribed variation are decided by the participant in advance. Finally, the participant or the trading member could also subscribe to scheduled SMS delivery which will send commodity prices to the registered partners at fixed intervals of time.
- NMCE Member Gateway: While in working relations with a commodity exchange, a member has to interact with the exchange during different times and for different reasons. Therefore, lodging complaints and / or requests with the exchange or registering new clients or even requesting new terminals for trading and others require a prompt and disturbance free communication between the two parties. The member gateway, developed by Mantissa Infotech and currently being used by National Multi Commodity Exchange (NMCE), provides an online platform for the members to communicate with the commodity exchange or even download information that might be of use to them.
- Calender Spread Trading Functionality: While trading in the futures market, an active participant might find options of making money through the disparity that sometimes exists in the prices of the same commodity for two different trading periods. A price of rubber can, hence, be low in June and high in the month of August. A simple way of utilizing the opportunity is to buy the commodity in June and sell the same in August. Such trades are known as arbitrage and the participants entering into such deals are called arbitrageurs. The Calender Spread Trading Functionality facilitates these arbitrage deals by providing a separate screen for such trade. The screen has all the options, required for a successful arbitrage trade, and one can perform various tasks without leaving that window. That makes deal making swift and simple. Over and above this, an arbitrageur could also pre book an order. In other words, the arbitrageur could instruct the software to place an order when a fixed amount of price disparity is reached. This means that even if the opportunity is missed by the human, the software would register such opportunity and place an order, if instructed in advance for the same.
- Price Dissemination Project: Mantissa Infotech is an active participant in the Government of India’s ambitious Price Dissemination Project. Under the project, live data of prices of various commodities is fetched from the futures and spot commodity exchanges of the country and through some advanced algorithm the same is displayed in all the Agriculture Product Market Committees (APMCs) or mandis, as colloquially called, of the country. Ticker Boards are affixed in these mandis and a customized display of commodity prices is ensured. The mandis decide the commodities to be displayed on the board and also the regional language in which the prices should appear, along with English which is a common language in the ticker boards affixed at all mandis. This presents the participants at the mandis and also the farmers with an equal opportunity of charging the market price and generating the right amount for their produce.
- Delivery Settlement System: Not all trades on the commodity exchange might be meant for short term trading. Some of these trades are also from buyers and sellers who are serious about exchanging the traded quantity of the commodity. Given that the buyers and the sellers are oblivious of each other’s identity, the commodity exchange plays the role of an intermediary to secure the interest of both the parties. The delivery settlement system comes to great help of the exchange in achieving this objective. During the delivery settlement period, the buyers can use the system to make their margin payment while the sellers can deliver the warehouse receipt to the exchange branch / head office as a proof of delivery. The system also objectively matches the available quantity of goods with the buyers depending upon their price, location and other factors to accord maximum convenience. This and many other features of the software, make this one of the most sophisticated applications developed by Mantissa Infotech.
- Membership Information Management System: Membership Information Management System facilitates the retaining of detailed information about the member with the exchange. The commodity exchange seeks large amount of information about the member at the time of registration. Moving on, there is more information collected through course of association between the member and the exchange and hence this software simplifies the otherwise complicated procedure of collecting and maintaining this extensive data.
- Trade Verification System: The Trade Verification System has been developed with the objective of providing each member with more security and assuring the genuineness of each trade. Through this system, a client could feed in the details of the contract note served to him/her by the member and find out if all the details and the note are genuine. The application can verify the contract note generated on a particular day after 2230 hours of the same day and the data is retained in the system till ten trading days.
Mathematical Modelling Application for Planning & Analysis
As the various available definitions on the internet suggest, a mathematical model is the description of a system or a range of activities defined with the use of mathematical language and concepts. Hence, the development of such mathematical model is known as Mathematical Modelling.
With its varied applications, this process of mathematical modelling can be of great help in simplifying those complex scenarios which can’t be easily solved by a normal human brain. Mantissa Infotech uses this modelling application to provide its clients with effective planning and analysis and hence solve all complex issues related to their businesses.
How does it work?
- Different clients might have different situations which need to be resolved. Hence, the first stage of developing a mathematical modelling application for planning and analysis for a client is to understand, in depth, about the scenario that faces the client and his / her business.
- Thus for example, an organisation might have fixed estimates of the extent of resources that is required in handling the manufacturing process of a particular commodity. However, large organisations are generally known to have more than one commodity in their manufacturing bouquet. Therefore, each of these commodities might require the services of a resource/s which is also required by one or more of the other commodities manufactured.
- For example, one unit of Commodity X might require 10 units of Resource A and 15 units of Resource B to be manufactured. On the other hand a unit of Commodity Y might require 8 and 7 units of Resource A & B respectively. The estimate with Commodity Z might be 6 and 9 units respectively. Now, the organisation has a total of 100 units of Resource A and 125 of Resource B and it is required to produce 17 units of Commodity X, 19 of Commodity Y and 23 of Commodity Z. How can it allocate its resources and their time to these three commodities? Although this calculation sounds complicated, the actual figures of medium and large manufacturing firms are much larger and hence are more calculated, making them beyond the perception of a normal human brain.
- Once this requirement of the client is gauged, Mantissa Infotech strives to develop such application which could solve that particular problem of the client. With the aim of providing 100% customizability; the company puts the client and his / her problem in the forefront of all its development.
- Mantissa Infotech uses Linear Programming as also Simplex Methods to generate these mathematical models.
- While, these applications are more popularly used by large manufacturing units in production planning, its use in sales planning isn’t any less either.